Action for the Wild offers internships on the UmPhafa Reserve
UmPhafa Private Nature Reserve offers internships to people who have a passion and an interest to learn about African Wildlife Conservation and Reserve Management. Whether you are studying some form of Nature Conservation or would just like to have the experience of a lifetime our internship is for you.
The self supported internships are by run by our Reserve Management Team which ensures that interns are mentored by our most senior and experienced staff members. It is a fantastic and rare opportunity to work alongside a team with many years of experience whilst knowing that your contribution is having a direct influence on the well-being of the flora and fauna on the reserve.
– Airport pick-up and drop off (Durban King Shaka airport)
– Long term experienced staff
– Safe and basic accommodations (usually shared)
– WiFi at Elworthy House
– All meals
– Welcome induction and location orientation
– All necessary project equipment and materials
– Research training
– Wildlife identification techniques
– Teamwork experience
– 24-hour in-country support
– Confidential professional reference (where requested)
– Medical and travel insurance
– Visa costs (if necessary)
– Personal kit
– Extra local excursions and personal shopping
Find out more about our internships including the cost to take part and full details on how to apply.